Re: if_ndis for Intel Pro/Wireless 2011B

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:48:36 +0000 (GMT)
> Hi All,
>
> as this card is not supported by wi(4), I thought giving it a try via
> if_ndis.
> I followed the instructions of Bill Paul:
> # cp foo.sys foo.inf /sys/modules/if_ndis
> # cd /sys/modules/ndis
> # make; make load
> # cd /sys/modules/if_ndis
> # ndiscvt -i foo.inf -s foo.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h
> # make; make load
>
> But something went wrong...
> ([root_at_ares] </usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis>)# /usr/sbin/ndiscvt -i
> NetWLan5.Inf -s NetWLan5.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h
> ndiscvt: line 11: NT: syntax error.
>
> So... there I'm stuck. All the other steps before ndiscvt went fine.
> I got the Intel drivers from the intel website.

"The Intel website" is very big. It takes a tiny amount of effort for
you to show us what URL you used when you downloaded the driver and
it saves me a lot of time.

> As a co-worker of mine
> informed me, they are working under WinXP.
> As Intel is giving out those drivers in a crappy .exe file, I used wine
> to execute this windows binary, and see, I got the .inf and .sys - hope
> this is okay.
>
> Well... does somebody has an idea what the error of ndiscvt tries to
> tell me ? :)

No, because you didn't bother to provide copies of the .inf and .sys
files so we could examine them.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose