Re: X.org configuration in sysinstall

From: Simon L. Nielsen <simon_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:23:10 +0200
On 2004.08.25 11:05:47 -0400, Ken Smith wrote:

> For now I'm thinking we should just rip out the offer sysinstall makes
> for doing a graphical configuration and leave it at that for the 5.3
> release.  The text mode configuration appears to work.
>
> Any thoughts?

Well, you asked for thoughts... :-) :

I never do X configuration from the installer (and I always recomend
to other not to do it either), since I think it's just too often
something with X probing/configuration freezes the system or goes
wrong otherwise.  Then you have to restart the install of the entire
OS, so I think it's much better to configure X after the main OS
install.

In short: Yes, please just nuke it :-).

--
Simon L. Nielsen