Re: USB keyboard problems

From: Mayo Jordanov <mayo_at_mayo.sk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:33:41 -0700
I haven't had a problem with installation, but there were few issues why
I had entry in rc.conf and in usbd.conf

1) If I set legacy USB support in BIOS, my keyboard worked in
bootloader/single user mode, but would not work in normal mode (or was
is the other way around?)
2) If I disabled legacy support in BIOS, keyboard would not work in
bootloader, but would work fine in normal mode (see above, I'm not
totaly sure which combo worked when)
3) I use kvm, and each time I switched to different box, I would loose
my keyboard. (that's when I added the keyboard in usbd.conf)

I had the same problems on 5.2 as well as -current, recently. When I
cvsuped releng_5 (5.3beta1), it all started working regardless of my
bios legacy settings and without rc.conf or usbd.conf entries.

For your problem, try poking around BIOS and the usb legacy options,
that's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Regards,