Re: ccache support for make buildworld/make release

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:01:44 +0300
On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 11:51:57PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Also, for some reason when I've re-run
> make world second time all objects built after buildtools miss the
> cache. Strange....

Does ccache take into account that the "cc" binary may be different
for the same source and the command?  What will happen, assuming
it's made to work, if you attempt to build the native i386 world,
and then try to "make buildworld TARGET_ARCH=alpha"?  The cc
command will be the same; will ccache substitute the i386 code in
this case?  Also, what happens for a native build when we upgrade
GCC version in the base?

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov