Re: USB keyboard problems

From: Christopher Nehren <apeiron_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:19:00 -0400
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 15:13:32 EDT, Markus Hästbacka scribbled these
curious markings:
> Ok, here comes the explanation of the problem, I recently upgraded to
> 5.2-CURRENT (Currently at 5.3-BETA1), and after the upgrade my USB
> keyboard didn't work. I could turn on/off the numlock/capslock/scrolllock
> lights but there was no response in other keys. Here's the information I
> got from dmesg when the keyboard was connected at bootup:
> ukbd0: Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/15.00, addr 3, iclass 3/1
> kbd1 at ukbd0
> uhid0: Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/15.00, addr 3, iclass 3/1

I find it very interesting that both you and I are having problems with
a uhid device that used to work in 5.2.1 but that doesn't work any more
in -CURRENT.

At least I'm not the only one with whom Warner Losh will take exception.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-