Good news re: sound problem!

From: Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:52:10 -0500
My last kernel build of Mon Aug 23 20:19:00 CDT has been working fine
all week.  No pcm timeouts/breakage have occurred yet.

I'm not sure whether this is due to the fact that I had to disable
ACPI to get the kernel to boot without panicking, or if it has to do
with having disabled a few of the more esoteric kernel options I had
been using, namely these:

#device         amdpm
#device         md
#device         nfpm
#device         smb
#device         smbus
#device         "snd_es137x"
#device         splash
#device         star_saver
#options        BLKDEV_IOSIZE=16384
#options        COMPAT_43
#options        COMPAT_LINUX32
#options        DIRECTIO
#options        LINPROCFS
#options        MUTEX_WAKE_ALL
#options        P1003_1B_SEMAPHORES
#options        SC_DFLT_FONT
#options        TCP_DROP_SYNFIN
#options        VFS_AIO
#options        ZERO_COPY_SOCKETS

At any rate, sound has been working fine all week.  It's nice to be able
to report something good for a change.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"