Re: Bug reports requested - acpi

From: Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:02:37 +0400
Nate Lawson wrote:

> Roman Kurakin wrote:
>
>> You want it:
>>
>> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2624308+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-current/20040822.freebsd-current
>>

>> It seems that problems I have due to acpi code update between
>> 2004-08-13 and 2004-08-14.
>> I'll check tomorrow that I didn't mix up sources.
>>
>> I've just applied changes in vm code that was made while 13-14, and
>> after
>> restart I was able to log in to buggy system. So vm is not the place
>> of problems.
>> The only unapplied patch is a acpi changes.
>
> Does booting without ACPI fix the problem?

No. Only safe mode. As I understand it also turn off MP.

I've just updated to current Current, so I may send fresh dump do you
need it?
But I hope I've described it more detailed ;-)

Again, if I set break point at install_ap_tramp this function start to
work correctly.
(No trap at write access). And panic occures from other place (And I
unable to fix
it by debugging ;-)) in mp_machdep.c.

I don't have remote power control over that machine so I have only two
hours to
test smth with direct access. After that I will go to home. I can access
to that
machine remotely but it may stuck whith some big enough probability at
any reboot.
It seems that this machine has many ACPI related problem, but this is
only machine
I could use for testing ISA drivers for SMP, so I don't have choice ;-(

Now I'll try to understan what part of that ACPI commit I could leave
and which to
backout to minimize search area.

rik