Re: ACPI problem with 5.3-BETA1 on Toshiba Portege 3110CT

From: Christian Laursen <xi_at_borderworlds.dk>
Date: 29 Aug 2004 01:02:23 +0200
Christian Laursen <xi_at_borderworlds.dk> writes:

> Today I upgraded my laptop to FreeBSD 5.3-BETA1.
>
> When I boot it with ACPI enabled the fan is running constanly,
> even though the machine is completely idle.

I now made some progress on this.

I found out that in single user mode, the fan stop when the machine
is idle, even with acpi enabled.

It turns out that hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest gets changed from C1 to C2
when going to multi user.

If I set it back to C1 the fan will stop and only start again when
the machine gets busy.

However, if I pull the power, hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest changes to C2,
and the fan starts running againg and will not stop, until I change
it back to C1 manually.

Does this make any sense?

--
Christian Laursen