Re: APIC causes vr0 watchdog timeouts and Interrupt storms

From: Justin Settle <quaggamail_at_quaggaspace.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:38:20 -0400
On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 11:57, Chris Laverdure wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 14:44, Justin Settle wrote:

> > > I too cannot use my USB mouse with ACPI enabled (yet it works fine
> > > without it). I get a Interrupt Storm when usbd tries to come up, and
> > > then moused fails claiming an "Input/Output error on /dev/ums0".
> > >
> > > I would love to get to the bottom of this.
> > >
> > Just to clarify, my problem isn't with ACPI, its with APIC :).  My machine actually works fine with ACPI on (its on at the moment).  If I boot it with APIC, however, things go downhill.
> >
> > Jay Settle
> >

> Oh, right. Sorry about that.
>
> However, I do have APIC compiled into my kernel. Have you tried APIC
> without ACPI? Should I try ACPI without APIC?

ACPI doesn't seem to matter on my machine.  It works fine with it, or
without it.  I've tried all combinations of ACPI and APIC; only APIC
seems to matter.  This is a KT400 board if you have something similar.
In my case I'm content to just leave APIC off and ACPI on as that works
for me.  The only downside is that the default kernel comes with device
apic on so I have to do a recompile before getting to the net.

Jay Settle