Re: APIC causes vr0 watchdog timeouts and Interrupt storms

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:48:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Justin Settle wrote:

> ACPI doesn't seem to matter on my machine.  It works fine with it, or
> without it.  I've tried all combinations of ACPI and APIC; only APIC
> seems to matter.  This is a KT400 board if you have something similar.
> In my case I'm content to just leave APIC off and ACPI on as that works
> for me.  The only downside is that the default kernel comes with device
> apic on so I have to do a recompile before getting to the net.

I can confirm that my Soyo KT400 has I/O APIC problems.  It works for a
few devices, but adding more than one PCI card starts up the wierdness.
Disabling apic makes it happy again. For a while I thought it was just a
linksys if_sk being flakey, but taking it out and putting a firewire card
in had similar interrupt wierdness.

I guess that means I can test any attempts to fix this :)