Re: PCI SIO devices hog interrupts, cause lock order problems

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:32:50 +0200
In message <20040830192316.6B6CD12351_at_shub-internet.kew.com>, Drew Derbyshire w
rites:

>> puc should be in GENERIC, imho.

I agree.

>Who makes the call (or the commit)?  The cost is ~ 55K on disk
>(which seems excessive) with current build, I assume that's bloated
>by the current kernel options.

This could be vastly improved if the data structure puc uses were
more intelligent.  Man cards could be described simply by their
PCI ID and "fill resource #1 with sio ports" rather than the very
space consuming and errorprone stuff we do now.