Re: bfe crash with profile.sh

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:17:33 +0100
On 30 Aug 2004, at 02:51, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> I am trying this ->
> https://projects.fsck.ch/profile/wiki/InstallGuide
>
> but enabling it makes my bfe panic on boot :(
>
> I have some more info in kern/71131

I'm also getting a panic in bfe, but this is when trying to install
5.3-BETA2 on a laptop.  It panics in sysinstall after installing lots
of distributions, when it tries to bring the interface up:

_bus_dmamap_sync
bfe_list_newbuf
bfe_list_rx_init
bfe_init
ether_ioctl
bfe_ioctl
in6_ifinit
in6_update_ifa
in6_ifattach_linklocal
in6_ifattach

Is there any way I can get a kernel dump when I've booted from the
installation CD-ROM, apart from building a custom CD?

--
Bruce Cran