Re: cvs-src summary for August 23-30

From: Justin Settle <quaggamail_at_quaggaspace.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:49:24 -0400
On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 03:43, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 21:53 -0400, Jonathan wrote:
> > Mark Johnston wrote:
> >
> > > Here's this week's summary.  As a side note, I discovered Synergy
> > > (http://synergy2.sf.net) today, and it made the summary-writing much more
> > > pleasant, letting me flip my mouse cursor between the desktop I write the
> > > summary on and the laptop I read the mail on, copying and pasting
> > > transparently.  I highly recommend it if you run any kind of
> > > multi-PC-on-one-desktop configuration.
> > >

> > This is one of the coolest and most handy things I have ever seen!  I
> > can't say how well it works on the X side as my server is headless but
> > on my XP desktop and laptop it ROCKS :D Sorry for the extra noise but if
> > you have not looked at this and even occasionally use two computers at
> > once it's well worth checking out!)
>
> Yes, but port does not work on -CURRENT: (server part of port)
>
> $ synergys
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
>   what():  St9bad_alloc
> Abort (core dumped)
> $

Hmm, I have FreeBSD BETA1 laptop hooked to my FreeBSD-BETA2(ish) desktop
as the server and they're both working very nicely.  I compiled it on
the desktop and used the package on the laptop.  However, that's not
exactly -current. :)

> Also port version is 1.0.14 when latest stable version 1.1.7.

Hmm, it looks like the whole 1.1 series is under the "experimental"
category on their sourceforge page.  That said, the 1.1 version does
have a lot of improvements going by the changelog.  1.1.6 has a
changelog entry "Fixes for FreeBSD."  It is a really nice program all
together though :).