Re: cvs-src summary for August 23-30

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:45:05 +0400
On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 08:49 -0400, Justin Settle wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 03:43, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:

> > > This is one of the coolest and most handy things I have ever seen!  I
> > > can't say how well it works on the X side as my server is headless but
> > > on my XP desktop and laptop it ROCKS :D Sorry for the extra noise but if
> > > you have not looked at this and even occasionally use two computers at
> > > once it's well worth checking out!)
> >
> > Yes, but port does not work on -CURRENT: (server part of port)
> >
> > $ synergys
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
> >   what():  St9bad_alloc
> > Abort (core dumped)
> > $
>
> Hmm, I have FreeBSD BETA1 laptop hooked to my FreeBSD-BETA2(ish) desktop
> as the server and they're both working very nicely.  I compiled it on
> the desktop and used the package on the laptop.  However, that's not
> exactly -current. :)

Strange, friend of mine just build synergy from ports on 5.3-BETA1 and
synergys (server) died just I have post before, client seems to be ok on
both 6-CURRENT and 5.3-BETA1.

I have also tried to install package (pkg_add -r synergy) and it died
with same diagnostic.

No idea why it happens so.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenchikov