cvsup current question

From: Tom Connolly <tomc_at_cqg.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:08:03 -0600

I just installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 and I'm a little confused about the branches.
>From my research I have deduced that this is a current branch and that there
is no stable branch.  Is this correct?  I would like to CVSup the most
stable version of 5.2.1 source as well as the ports.  I've tried CVSupping
the ports but none of my packages will build.  I've been using the make
install clean method.  Can someone explain to me how exactly to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas