Re: suggestion for /usr/src/UPDATING

From: Charles Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:39:09 -0400
On Aug 31, 2004, at 5:18 PM, Mike Hunter wrote:
[ ...bits about neurology... ]
> So it's deceptive to think that using the left hand would correspond to
> the *idea* of something on the left.  You see linux people making these
> kind of arguments all the time, and I'd really hate to see FreeBSD run
> with this idea just to "keep up with the Torvaldses."

For me, what seems intuitive comes from looking at column 1 and column
2 on the screen (or the comm command).  Having them right next to e
helps, and I use the right hand for hitting return.  It seems to go
much quicker for me.

The thing is, there are enough people used to the current behavior
and/or find it intuitive that I don't want to argue about whether to
change or keep the current defaults.  Such arguments drain energy and
keep anybody from moving forward.

--
-Chuck