Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:19:05 -0700
Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 04:10:57PM -0700, Ryan Sommers wrote:
>

>>Another issue I had with the dfly installer was one point I believe needs
>>to be central to any next-gen installer. Internationalisation.
>

> Careful not to pile on so many wishes that achieving anything becomes
> impossible.  Our current installer doesn't do this, so it's not a hard
> requirement that a better installer should.
>
> Kris

Internationalization is actually quite important, and is not easy to
bolt on after the fact but is fairly easy to program to once the core is
in place.  The fact that sysinstall doesn't have it makes it no less
important.  Now this isn't a reason to reject the DFly work, but it
could certainly be a good area for someone to contribute.

Scott