Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: Josh Tolbert <hemi_at_puresimplicity.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:16:01 -0600
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 03:34:52PM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:

> Marcel Moolenaar writes:
>
> >  > 1.  Keyboard multiplexer.
> >
> >  I actually fail to stop thinking about a complete syscons and
> >  pcvt replacement. You know, the one and only console
> >  implementation that makes all others obsolete. Big plans, little
> >  time, yada yada yada...
>
> 	As long as we're talking about keyboards ... may I add "Get the
> boot code to recognize USB keyboards."
> 	(Unless this has already happened and I missed the meno.
> Again.)
>

> 				Robert Huff

As long as we're talking about keyboards, re-vamping the console driver, etc.,
can something be done with psm? FreeBSD is the only OS that requires me to
pass flags to psm to get my mouse to behave properly on my KVM switch, and the
flag I use (0x200) forces "true" PS/2 mode, disabling the wheel and such.

Granted, the only other OSes I've had on KVM switches with FreeBSD machines
are Windows, Linux and OS/X, but it still seems like something's amiss with
psm.

Thanks,
Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi_at_puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

If your sysadmin's not being fascist, you're paying him too much.
   --Sam Greenfield