Re: My project wish-list for the next 12 months

From: Tai-hwa Liang <avatar_at_mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:04:26 +0800 (CST)
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Josh Tolbert wrote:

>>>  I actually fail to stop thinking about a complete syscons and
>>>  pcvt replacement. You know, the one and only console
>>>  implementation that makes all others obsolete. Big plans, little
>>>  time, yada yada yada...
>>
>> 	As long as we're talking about keyboards ... may I add "Get the
>> boot code to recognize USB keyboards."
>> 	(Unless this has already happened and I missed the meno.
>> Again.)
>>

>> 				Robert Huff
>
> As long as we're talking about keyboards, re-vamping the console driver, etc.,
> can something be done with psm? FreeBSD is the only OS that requires me to
> pass flags to psm to get my mouse to behave properly on my KVM switch, and the
> flag I use (0x200) forces "true" PS/2 mode, disabling the wheel and such.
>
> Granted, the only other OSes I've had on KVM switches with FreeBSD machines
> are Windows, Linux and OS/X, but it still seems like something's amiss with
> psm.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

   Agreed. That's exactly the same workaround I have to apply on my
device.hints. Without 0x200, my PS/2 mouse doesn't work with
the Lextek ConsoleManager Smart KVM Switch.

 	kbdc: TEST_AUX_PORT status:0000
 	kbdc: RESET_AUX return code:00fa
 	kbdc: RESET_AUX status:00aa
 	kbdc: RESET_AUX ID:0000

   And yes, Linux/Windoze doesn't need any tweaking to get such
combination work....