Re: Random panics with 5.3-REL, SMP

From: Hogan Whittall <hogan_at_ninthgate.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:43:23 +0000
Here's the output of the panic.  It hung again while dumping core...

cpuid = 3; apic id = 02
fault virtual address	= 0xa748d260
fault code		= supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc060b611
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xe971bc20
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xe971bc20
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 52 (swi6: task queue)
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 3
boot() called on cpu#3
Uptime: 5d6h6m34s
Dumping 3967 MB
 16 32 48 64 80 96 112 128 144 160<hang>

Whenever it panics it will hang at a random point during the dump, this
last time was the farthest it got...

Someone seems to suspect bad ram as the culprit.  I can always swap
it out and see what happens.

	-Hogan