Re: Another twist on WRITE_DMA issues <- ProblemFound

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:32:00 +0100
Zitat von Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>:

> Maybe it's an overheating issue, or maybe it's something else.  But
> whatever it is, I am going to assume it's the fault of something in
> my PC.

I had a similar problem... try to monitor the temperature of the disks
with smartmontools. If they are below 50 degree celcius you may be on the
safe side, but if the temperature grows over 55 degrees I suggest to
install some additional fans to cool the drives.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net/     Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7