ext2fs oddness

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:53:33 +0100
Today, after recovering from a crash, I noticed some strangeness.

I got this line in my /etc/fstab:
/dev/ad1s1              /mnt/stuff      ext2fs  ro,noauto

After the crash, I got this when I tried to mount the filesystem:

WARNING: R/W mount denied.  Filesystem is not clean - run fsck

So the filesystem was modified although it was mounted read-only. And it
also complained that it couldn't be mounted rw although I only wanted it
mounted ro.

So this looks like it was mounted rw instead of ro.

df though says:
/dev/ad1s1 on /mnt/stuff (ext2fs, local, read-only)

Also this doesn't work:
touch /mnt/stuff/foo
touch: /mnt/stuff/foo: Read-only file system

I suspect your mount patch since I haven't seen this before.