Re: Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer

From: Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson_at_ury.york.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:23:07 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 cjohnson_at_wcug.wwu.edu wrote:

> I'd like to help get my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer
> working under 5.3-RELEASE.  I've installed 5.3-RELEASE (x86) and
> updated to about 3 AM PST with the GENERIC kernel, and the mouse
> is recognized as ums0:
>
> ums0: Microsoft Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer\M-. 1.0A, rev 1.10/0.0e, addr 2, iclass 3/1
> ums0: 5 buttons and Z dir.
>
> So the driver sees it, but I can't get much output from the mouse.
> moused starts and sees the device, but I'm unable to move the cursor
> in X or on the console.  If I kill off moused and point X at
> /dev/ums0, X can't open the device and I get the message:
>
> usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT
>
> I've also tried ' moused -p /dev/ums0 -i all ' after killing off
> moused and I get:
>
> moused: unable to open /dev/ums0: Input/output error

Try the patch at http://www.devrandom.co.uk/freebsd/intellimouse.diff -
and let me know if it works for you.  However, from your description, I
suspect it's a different problem so you may not have any success.

> Any help would be appreciated.  I can provide remote access if needed

If that patch doesn't work, I may take you up on this offer.  It would be
nice to get them working.

Gavin