snapshots.se [was Re: AMD64 -current ISOs and cvsup repository: Was: Re: -current ISOs and update cvsup sites for AMD64?]

From: Will Andrews <will_at_csociety.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:50:16 -0600
On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 12:28:14AM -0600, trorki_at_area51.capnet.state.tx.us wrote:
> The last AMD64 -current ISO on snapshots.se and snapshots.jp was in
> October, if I'm looking at the right directories.  A month and a half is
> hardly an "oversight", since October isn't even in the 6.0 timeframe.

Sure it is.  6.0 started in August.  However, I haven't had time
to even notice that snapshots.se is broken until recently.  I
usually rely on users such as yourself to notify me via the email
address posted on the front page.  As of today, I received one
such email since most of the builds broke in late October.  (For
some reason, the site isn't popular among developers but rather
only a few users.  I don't know why.)

At any rate, as Michael points out, I am much too busy dealing
with my own problems to look at the ones on snapshots.se.  I will
be able to look at them in about 7 days.  It will probably take
me a few days from that point to get them all working again,
since builds take quite a bit of time to run.

While the scripts are in hiatus, please install 5.3 and upgrade
to 6.0 from there.  Or you can install one of the older 6.0 ISOs
and upgrade from there.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may
cause.

In the future, please notify the email address mentioned on the
snapshots.se.freebsd.org site that something is wrong, before
complaining on the mailing lists.  Thank you.

Regards,
--
wca - snapshots.se.freebsd.org maintainer