Re: FreeBSD 5.3 and Adaptec raidutils (again)

From: Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:22:01 -0600
In the last episode (Dec 14), Matt Rowley said:
> > I don't follow the license concerns since this is a port...
> > Someone please educated me.
>
> I think scottl just wanted someone to make sure all the source files
> had ok licenses... from what I saw they looked fine.
>
> > In order for the asr(4) utilities to work under FreeBSD 5.x someone
> > just needs to convert the ports/sysutils/asr-utils port I made to
> > build from sources as a first step -- patch submission welcomed.
>
> The Adaptec ftp site that is listed in the Makefile seems to be doing
> something odd and tricky where it lists nothing, but lets you pull
> down the file (if you know the filename a priori).  Does anyone know
> where the corresponding source code is to the asr-utils
> u160raid_sm_v304_fbsd411.tgz pkg?

I was going to point you at opensource.adaptec.com, but it looks like
they've redesigned that site and removed the link to the source.  It's
still downloadable directly, but is a newer version (3.3.1, dated 2002,
instead of 3.0.4, dated 2000).  If you edit the makefiles and replace
-D_DPT_LINUX -D__linux__ with -D_DPT_FREE_BSD, the source compiles on
FreeBSD 4.x and can talk to an asr card just fine.

http://download.adaptec.com/raid/ccu/freebsd/raidmgt.tgz
ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/raid/ccu/freebsd/raidmgt.tgz

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson_at_allantgroup.com