reboot without any info

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:35:15 -0800
This happens with a world/kernel and a portupgrade -frR totem built
Today:

From rom a user account, I did a gdb `which totem` and then an r.  This
caused a reboot.

This brings up a couple of questions I have.

1)  I do not get crash dumps.  I have

dumpdev=/dev/ad4s1b
dumpon_enable="YES"
savecore_enable="YES"

and in my kernel I have

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols
options         KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support.
options         DDB                     # Support DDB.
options         GDB                     # Support remote GDB.

Are these options OK?  Should I remove/add something to get it working?

2)  I have a firewire port on this machine and several others.  Can I
use the dconschat on a Linux, Windows, or macos box? Anyone have a
version for any of these?  I see under google someone asked this back in
June, but there there was never any response.

Sean