Re: 802.11 WPA and wpa_supplicant

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:45:52 -0800
Rong-En Fan wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:18:55 -0800, Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com> wrote:
>
>>wpa_supplicant has a -d option to enable debugging; use it and if you
>>can't find your problem provide the wpa_supplicant config file and log
>>output.
>

> My current is just built tonight. I took a look at -d output,
> however, i can't find any notable error messages.
>
> I put wpa_supplicant (0.3.2 [1]) -d output and its conf
> along with dmesg, sysctl that related to ath here:
>
> http://rafan.infor.org/tmp/wpa/
>
> Any help are appreciated :-)

The log shows the WPA-PSK handshake completed but you were then
deauthenticated by your AP.  You need to look on your AP to find out why.

It's possible that WME is being negotiated and confusing the AP.  There
are issues with sending QoS-encapsulated EAPOL frames to certain AP's.
You can try disabling wme use with

ifconfig ath0 -wme

before starting wpa_supplicant.

	Sam