Re: Processes blocked on ufs or getblk

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:12:13 -0500
On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:08:56AM -0500, Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Ken Smith wrote:
> > Is anyone having this problem on a machine that does NOT have the
> > disk(s) attached to an aac controller?
>
> I'm using a plain-Jane LSI Logic MegaRAID 320-4X PCI-X SCSI RAID
> controller with a SuperMicro 5-drive SCSI-3 enclosure and 5 identical
> Fujitsu MAS3735NC SCA2 disks (I've disconnected the external SAN as it
> takes too long to fsck it all the time). It's using the amr(4) driver.

Ok, next question...

Is anyone who is having these problems NOT using UFS2?

I've been slowly changing one major-ish thing at a time on the machine
I'm having problems on and then seeing if I could wedge processes afterwards.
Until now wedging them has been trivial, no more than 10 minutes' worth
of running find's.  Since shifting all the disk partitions on the machine
from UFS2 to UFS1 two nights ago I haven't been able to wedge anything.
It even survived a full backup which it hasn't done for months now.

I'll keep testing for a while to make sure but at this point if a similar
change is easy for any of the other people reporting this problem it
might be worth giving it a try...

If I'm not successful wedging anything after a couple of days I'll try
moving one of the partitions back to UFS2 and see if I start having
problems again.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu