Re: HEADS UP: MAJOR changes to the ports system

From: Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova_at_express.ru>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:12:29 +0300
В ср, 04.02.2004, в 11:31, Joe Marcus Clarke пишет:
> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 03:22, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry for the wide distribution, but it is critical that -CURRENT users
> > > hear this.  Two _MAJOR_ changes just went in to the ports tree that are
> > > bound to cause some pain to -CURRENT users.
> > >

> > I'm glad to hear about this and I wouldn't mind hearing regularly about
> > major events over in the ports tree.
>
> I've started doing this.  The full summary was sent to ports_at_ and
> ports-developers_at_, plus I added a copy to /usr/ports/CHANGES.  This is
> now the second major ports update I've summarized.  Once the archives
> get back up to speed, you should be able to see my previous summary.

How about gettext -> gettext-old transition ? A lot of ports still
depends on gettext-old while others on gettext, gettext conflicts with
gettext-old, and, as result, portupgrade -af constatntly tries to
install gettext-old as dependancy and fails.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
SWsoft Inc.