Re: MySQL with KSE -- Unstable?

From: Sven Willenberger <sven_at_dmv.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:22:22 -0500
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 03:15, Mike Makonnen wrote:
> >Ran into a similar situation when I used libmap.conf to use libkse for
> >apache and mpm worker model. Following the manpage example, I set
> >default threads to use libthr instead of libc_r. Running a fairly hi
> >load web/mysql server, I ended up with with the error "unable to create
> >new threads" and and had to kill the mysql server.
>
> For a long time the number of concurrent threads in libthr were limited
> to about 100. I just bumped this up to 8000+ a few days ago.  The newer
> libthr in -current also has some bugfixes that were not in 5.2, so if
> you have the time I would like to hear what your experiences are with
> it and MySQL.
>
> Cheers.

This is a production box (yeah, I know, I have been warned about using
5.x for production servers) so I like to stick with at least the release
versions. If it can be deemed relatively safe to cvsup the libthr (or
just recompile libthr changing #define MAXTHR to 8192 in
_setcurthread.c) I would be willing to try that. As far as compiling
mysql to use any other threading (not including linuxthreads) from
ports, I am not sure if that can be done by supplying make arguments.

Sven