Re: ipsec changes in 5.2R

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:35:35 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Guido van Rooij wrote:

Hi,

> > However, FAST_IPSEC cannot replace KAME IPsec. FAST_IPSEC is IPv4-only
> > whereas KAME is IPv6 with its required IPsec abilities "back-ported"
> > into the IPv4 stack.

FAST_IPSEC will be IPv6 enabled in the "near" future I think/hope.

> > It would be really, really nice to get this bug out of KAME IPsec
> > before 5.2.1, but if 5.2 didn't wait...
>

> True. Is KAME aware of this problem or is it FBSD specific?

Please read the FreeBSD 5.2 errata:
	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2R/errata.html

There have been committed some more changes to HEAD lately by ume; but
I have not yet found the time to see what has made it in. Might help
even more.

If you still do have problems with either 5.2.1 or HEAD please let me
know.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/