Re: 652 meg cd?

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:23:21 +1030
On Wednesday 04 February 2004 12:51, Brooks Davis wrote:
> > I did find it strange, tho, that our local office supply store and our
> > local computer store are both only carying 650 M CDRW (that's what
> > they're labelled anyways) while they almost universally carry 700 M
> > CDR's.  Is there some kind of limitation?
>
> Given that CD-RW's are already more marginal then CD-R's I suspect the
> 80min hack is just too unreliable for most applications.  They do exist,
> just google for "80min cdrw" and you'll get plenty of hits.

When I last bought some CDRW's (a while ago, they're only 4x) I couldn't find
any that weren't marked 80min. I don't really see many 74min only CDRs either
unless you get the 'audiophile' type.

I'm buying from wholesalers though, but I find it strange your office supply
store only had 650Mb ones.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5