Re: resolver issues: AAAA in ipv4 only environment

From: Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd-current_at_webteckies.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:20:30 +0100
On Friday 06 February 2004 16:04, David Malone wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 03:40:06PM +0100, Guido van Rooij wrote:
> > It seems there are a lot of broken named's on the Internet that do not
> > answer to AAAA queries.
>
> [Not really answering your question, but...]
>
> I've done some measurements, and it seems about half a percent of
> names and nameservers have some problem answering AAAA queries.
> Unfortunately, those names crop up alot, as several ad servers have
> problems. However, I think Doubliclick are now actually working
> toward fixing their name servers (though more people letting them
> know what a pain it is would probably help).

Yep, DoubleClick is working on it. They have been testing new loadbalancers,
since this is the cause. I have no idea what the current status is, but we
(at IDG Netherlands) have a tech-rep coming in this month, so I can stress
the issue once again.
If our collegaes at O'Reilly could do the same, it would surely help. I'll
raise the issue within IDG internationally also.
--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Wed Jan 28
18:01:18 CET 2004
root_at_sarevok.lan.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG
i386