Re: SATA write woes

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:57:43 +0100
Matt Dawson wrote:

> On Friday 6 February 2004 4:21 pm, Søren Schmidt wrote:
>
>>Those timeouts and retries is the workaround, it took quite a bit of
>>inginuity to not have it lockup the system solid each time it wedges...
>

> FWIW, Sil controllers do the same thing on other platforms. Try installing the
> medley control software on a windoze box and watch that log file grow... ;o)

Yeah, its broken beyond repair, I dont understand why the keep shipping
  that badly broken silicon. But then again the same company gave the
world the CMD640, and changing their name doesn't make us forget :).

However I do understand why they are so reluctant to hand out docs, it
is an embarrasing read :)

So I guess this is what we get from letting economists run companies
instead of engineers.
Two decades ago it was all about getting the best technical solution to
a problem, now its all about getting the biggest profit for the
shareholders :(

--
-Søren