Re: Missing XL0 and USB printer after upgrade (WORKAROUND)

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:12:39 +0100
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:22:39PM -0500, bcsfd204_at_twcny.rr.com wrote:
> I removed miibus_load="YES" and added if_xl_load="YES" and I appear to have a workaround for the network problem.  I have not performed any exaustive tests but the errors in DHCP and samba at boot time seem to have disappeared.
>
> The USB printer problem remains.  But one thing at a time.  :-)

Not surprising - your kernel has neither the xl driver nor the driver
for your usb controler.
At least the device probing lists them and can't find a matching driver.
Check kldstat -v output to verify.

PS: Please don't start a new thread for each mail on that issue.

ticso_at_bwct.de                                  info_at_bwct.de