Re: bittorrent has problems after an update to currnet

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:21:46 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:51:24PM -0500, Jason wrote:
>
> > >Did you read the archives like I suggested?
> > >
> > >kris
> > >

> > Yeah, and I just read a lot more. Is it going over my head or am I
> > missing the all important thread?  If you could just simplify it for me,
> > would you suggest rebuilding everything, removing a threading lib
> > causing the trouble and rebuild selected apps, or what would you do? The
> > reason I  may seem to be stupid is I also read a mail where everything
> > python on a mans machince was doing as mine is and there was no linking
> > to several libs.  With the ldd command I see python is only going with
> > the pthreads libs, could I be wrong here?
> > Jason
>
> Probably some other python module is linked against libc_r.  The
> workaround (libmap) has been discussed many times, the solution is to
> rebuild everything that links to or references libc_r (easiest to just
> rebuild everything).

There was also the bug in libc's semaphores that I introduced on
Feb 3, and fixed on Feb 6.  The "spinlock" error messages are
indicative of being linked to multiple libraries, not the libc
bug.  But if you are running world from between Feb 3 and Feb 6,
you should also update your sources and rebuild.  See Kris'
"Re: python ports broken (sem_destroy: Resource temporarily unavailable)"
thread in the -current archives for more info.

--
Dan Eischen