Re: uucp

From: Oleg V. Naumann <oleg_at_reis.zp.ua>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:44:12 +0200
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:51:48PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:39:38PM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> > i know uucp went somewhere strange in -current, but i can not
> > find it in the source tree or in ports.  and if i search for
> > it, i get no useful results (though 'uucp' gets me many hits
> > none of which contain 'uucp').
>
> /usr/ports/net/freebsd-uucp

	Yes, this is in the ports tree for CURRENT now. But can anybody
explain me, why shell for the 'uucp' user in CURRENT still points
to the '/usr/libexec/uucp/uucico' instead
'/usr/local/libexec/uucp/uucico', where uucico lives now?
>From my point of view there is three things, why this is bogus:
1. After upgrade from STABLE shell will be points to the wrong binary
2. This is real pain all these cries from mergemaster about differences
	in the master.passwd
3. In the clean CURRENT shell for the uucp user points with finger
	to the sky.

	But why we doesn't have wrapper for the uucico like /usr/bin/perl for
perl? Looks like this will be much better solution instead fixing shell
for the uucp user.

--
NO37-RIPE