Re: Jails that keep hanging around

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:51:19 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Robert Watson wrote:

> Here are some places you might have credentials that "hang on" -- i.e.,
> other kernel structures that cache references to credentials for some or
> another reason:
>
> struct buf

I realized that I forgot to fill in this structure, which may also be
relevant.  I'm not too familiar with the internals of the buffer cache,
but 'struct buf's can hang around for quite a while in the context of NFS
caching, etc, so if you're using jail with NFS, the jail reference might
last until the writes are pushed back over NFS (or longer if they remain
in the cache due to mmap'ing, etc).

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research