Re: Aligning GENERIC with NOTES?

From: Matt Smith <matt_at_xtaz.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:49:24 +0000
Brad Knowles wrote:
>     If you don't want anything to change, then tracking -CURRENT is a
> really bad idea.

Personally I run -current and have done for the last year. However I
have NEVER used NOTES or LINT in my life. I have configured my custom
kernels just by cp GENERIC BLAH, and then editing BLAH.

I have no idea what the order of NOTES etc is. But if I ever found
GENERIC have changed from what I expect it to be I would be annoyed as I
know and love the current GENERIC layout.

I can see where you are coming from if you DID use NOTES etc however
please bear a thought for the people like me who have gone 100% from
GENERIC ever since they have used freebsd. Personally I have used fbsd
since 3.x and GENERIC has not changed much since. I'm used to it!

Matt.