/sbin/nologin

From: Colin Percival <colin.percival_at_wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:01:34 +0000
   In November, a minimalist /sbin/nologin was written in C
in order to allow it to be statically linked; the question
of doing anything more (eg, logging) was set aside for the
duration of the 5.2 code freeze.  The present code also has
a bug^W feature, in that it outputs the string-terminating
zero byte.
   I would like to add logging and fix this bug, but I know
some people have strongly held opinions about the correct
behaviour of "hello world"; if these changes would upset
anyone, please let me know.  (And email me directly -- the
list doesn't need another bikeshed!)

Colin Percival