Re: pxeloader problem: BTX halted

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:21:26 +0200
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:59:59AM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Sunday 15 February 2004 05:54 am, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with latest pxeboot which seems to "crash". The only
> > thing I could read on the screen (no serial console at that point) had
> > been
> >
> > <some register dump>
> > BTX halted
> >
> > this seems to be in sys/boot/i386/btx/btx/btx.S
> >
> > I have set following in make.conf:
> >
> > LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=	YES
> > LOADER_BZIP2_SUPPORT=	YES
> > NOFORTH=		YES
> >
> > There is no keyboard attached.
> >
> > The last pxeboot I had been using had been from 20040125.
> >
> > anyone any ideas - any patch to try ?
>
> Try again with newer sources as I think ru_at_ has fixed a bug in his renaming of
> the asm files in the bootstrap.

That wasn't a bug, just a small timeframe between repocopies
and necessary changes.  There was a bug in kgzldr though, where
I mistakenly cause the kgzldr.o to be stripped when installing
to /usr/lib.  This has been causing problems for release snapshots
where loader(8) is kgzipped.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov