Re: CURRENT as of today won't let me login via ssh, MySQL crashes

From: Matteo Riondato <rionda_at_gufi.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:32:11 +0100
Il Sab, 2004-02-21 alle 15:22, Gabriel Ambuehl ha scritto:
> Hi,
> I cvsupped at about 11:00 GMT, subsequently built world and kernel
> (ran through flawlessly) then rebooted but now I can't login via ssh
> anymore (it won't accept the surely correct password anymore).
> Interestingly, the machine lets me login via the console (as both root
> and the user in wheel I normally use for remote administration).

non-PAM password authentication is now disabled by default. You probably
installed a new sshd_config during mergemaster. Change
#PasswordAuthentication no

in
PasswordAuthentication yes

and do a /etc/rc.d/sshd restart.

I don't know if configuring and using PAM would be better.
Regards
--
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato
G.U.F.I Staff Member (http://www.gufi.org)