Re: Aligning GENERIC with NOTES?

From: David Syphers <dsyphers_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:52:39 -0800
Since you seem determined to do this...

On Saturday 21 February 2004 10:21 pm, Quincey Koziol wrote:
>     I've tried to add information from the NOTES files where appropriate,

This is nice info to have, but absolutely _not_ in GENERIC. Making a file like
GENERIC.comments might not be a bad idea. Having these comments in GENERIC
makes it a pain to edit by hand, which I do often (so many lines that have
nothing to do with real content). Having a separate file with these would
still help out beginners (would have helped me back then), but wouldn't
severely inconvenience people who know what they're doing, like your current
setup does.

Also... everyone has their own idea of logical. Example: you don't have
WITNESS under debugging options. And SMP debugging options are next to
neither regular debugging options nor SMP options. Maybe that makes sense to
you.

Still, you do have a decent case that GENERIC could be put in slightly more
logical order, and I agree with some of your changes. Here's hoping that it
turns out well,

-David

--
Department of Physics