Re: How to perform regex upgrade? (vendor branches)

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:40:31 +0300
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 04:51:38PM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> Do we need some local modifications to GNU regex?  If not, import
> it under contrib/glibc/ perhaps?  (At some point in the future,
> we might need some other glibc bits too.)

I don't plan to import glibc's 2.3.2 regex at this point. Despite of
vestiges of wide chars support I found it is not properly localized, regex
from grep 2.4.2 is better for our needs and I plan to import it.

Currently there is no local modifications required, but it may be not so
for future versions, f.e. grep 2.5 regex is damaged like their glibc one
and need efforts to restore some functionality.

> > BTW, I want to preserve 'doc' subdir from old one, it is still useful. How
> > to do properly it in the absense of vendor branch?
> >
> How about importing regex related documentation bits from glibc,
> and putting them at the same location?

As I say, I not plan to import glibc bits yet, docs too. Regex from grep
2.4.2 have no docs, of course.

--
Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/