Re: How to perform regex upgrade? (vendor branches)

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:51:38 +0200
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:28:57PM +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:24:19AM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > 1.  You import the new version on the vendor (FSF) branch that
> >     comprises of three files only.  The version should that of
> >     glibc, say v_X_Y.
>
> There is a problem. I can't find vendor branch there at all. Look like it
> was imported initially, i.e. cvs log regex.c, there is no something like
> FSF nor GNU. What to do in that case?

Do we need some local modifications to GNU regex?  If not, import
it under contrib/glibc/ perhaps?  (At some point in the future,
we might need some other glibc bits too.)

> BTW, I want to preserve 'doc' subdir from old one, it is still useful. How
> to do properly it in the absense of vendor branch?

How about importing regex related documentation bits from glibc,
and putting them at the same location?

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov