Re: Nontrivial brokeness with new threads.

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:57:51 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, David Gilbert wrote:

> Daniel> Read src/UPDATING and then if you still have questions seach
> Daniel> the -threads and -current archives for anything nvidia
> Daniel> related.
>
> You're so sweet.  But you're out of order.  Obviously, I read UPDATING
> as I got the nvidia driver kernel module to load.  I also follow
> current and neither are particularly covering the issue.

You've got to read all of UPDATING:

20040130:
	libkse has been renamed back to libpthread and is now the
	default threads library.  The gcc -pthread option has also
	been changed to link to libpthread instead of libc_r.  For
	alpha and sparc64 machines, libkse is not renamed and links
	are installed so that libpthread points to libc_r.  Until
	the ports system is updated to handle this change, it is
	recommended that folks install an /etc/libmap.conf(5) that
	maps libc_r to libpthread.  If you have any binaries or
	libraries linked to libkse, then it is also recommended
	that you map libkse to libpthread.  Anyone that is using
	nvidia supplied drivers and libraries should use a libmap.conf
	that maps libpthread to libc_r since their drivers/libraries
	do not work with libpthread.

--
Dan Eischen