Re: Nontrivial brokeness with new threads.

From: Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen_at_piwebs.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:00:36 +0100
On Tuesday 24 February 2004 19:56, David Gilbert wrote:

> Kenneth> If you're having trouble getting things to work right with
> Kenneth> that driver loaded, just edit your /etc/libmap.conf so that
> Kenneth> nothing uses libpthread; force everything to use libc_r.
>
> The advice earlier in the week had included forcing everything to use
> libpthread.  I don't remember seeing an explaination of why this is
> all broken.

The nvidia driver doesn't work with libpthread, so that's why you'll have to
map libpthread back to libc_r.

However, if you don't have the nvidia driver, you'll probably want to use
libpthread; that's why you'd then map libc_r to libpthread to avoid problems
when not everything you have is already compiled against libpthread.

Arjan