Re: HEADSUP: Sleep queues added to kernel, so be careful.

From: Vincent Poy <vince_at_oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:04:38 -1000 (HST)
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:01:30PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> > On Friday 27 February 2004 01:52 pm, John Baldwin wrote:
> > > jhb         2004/02/27 10:52:44 PST
> > >
> > >   FreeBSD src repository
> > >
> > >   Modified files:
> > >     sys/conf             files
> > >     sys/ddb              db_ps.c
> > >     sys/kern             kern_condvar.c kern_sig.c kern_synch.c
> > >                          kern_thread.c sched_4bsd.c sched_ule.c
> > >                          sys_generic.c vfs_subr.c
> > >     sys/sys              condvar.h proc.h sched.h systm.h
> > >   Log:
> > >   Switch the sleep/wakeup and condition variable implementations to use the
> > >   sleep queue interface:
> >
> > There should be little user-visible effect from this change.
>
> Except for the kernel breakage, perhaps ;-) I guess John is away until
> Monday though.

	What kind of kernel breakage?  What seems to happen for me is that
I was originally on a September 23, 2003 -CURRENT and then applied all
/etc updates and then according to src/UPDATING - I did a make
buildworld, followed by a make buildkernel, make installkernel and
rebooted and things were still working.  Then I did a make installworld
and then recvsupped with the latest tree which had
src/sbin/savecore/savecore.c 1.68 as the latest thing, then repeated the
make buildworld, make buildkernel, make installkernel, make installworld
but this time as soon as I rebooted, the network seems to not work at all.
I can't get past the machine.  Is this something broken with ipfw since I
can't ping the public IP but I can ping the local 192.168.0.1 address but
not anything beyond that and is connected at 100Mbps Full Duplex.
Tried switching both NIC cards and cables just in case they decided to
fail but no go either.

Cheers,
Vince - vince_at_WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1_at_IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin