state of nforce support for agpgart

From: Jason <jason_at_ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:27:45 -0500
I have looked at the web cvs sources as well as my own form this weeks
current and I would like to know if someone smarter than me could import
the new drivers for agpgart support.  I have been running in pci mode
since I bought my board and would like to do some gaming without
windows.  I have looked at the source code and I could rewrite the
driver myself, but I know it would not run for some time because I would
screw it up with my lack of experence.  If anyone else is intrested you
can download the source code for linux from www.nvidia.com for both 386
and AMD64 platforms.  As far as I can tell the people at nvidia have not
have not yet split the video card and chipset drivers apart for freebsd,
so people like me with ati video cards on a nforce board have no 3d
without porting the linux stuff.  There is also code for audio and lan
drivers in the source also if anyone is interested.

Jason