Installed 5.2RC from CDROM, fails to boot in manager

From: Clint Olsen <clint_at_0lsen.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:17:40 -0800
I think I have a successful install, but now when I attempt to boot the
system, it just hangs at 'F1: FreeBSD'.  If I attempt to hit F1, I just get
a tone from the system (or any other key for that matter).  I've already
performed an install of a 4.7 machine, so I'd like to think I sort of know
what I'm doing, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why this is happening.

Thanks,

-Clint